FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:33 pm
mcdonalde

Originally Posted by smilee
I have not been back to the Park Hyatt Mallorca since August of last year. I have lucked out and been able to use my suite upgrades every time in the past as there was availability. The suites are huge.

I have only travelled here with my wife. I was hoping to take my two kids along as well so there would be four of us. I believe they offer a family plan rate where kids under 12 staying in a second room get 50% off, but I didn't check, as the rates are usually over $700usd per room here in the summer. Even a room at $350usd would be much more then I would be willing to pay here.

I only give the resort an OK review. The buildings, rooms and furnishings are excellent. The suites are huge, but there are many cons.

Cons
The view from the room - poor for the most part. When you are so close to the ocean, who wants to look at some farms or hills.
Far from the beach. You need to drive or perhaps a good 15 minute walk to an OK beach, but to get to a nice beach, you are looking at driving for half an hour or so. Every day I was there I would head out after breakfast and drive for 30-90 minutes to a nice beach or part of the island to hike explore or relax at the beach. By the time I got back to the resort it was time to get changed and the drive again to go out for dinner. So really, I only was able to use the resort to sleep at. And I am not about to blow over $1000 USD per night just for a place to sleep.
The food - breakfast - excellent - and free as a globalist. Also free if you are on a paid rate. The other fine dining restaurants in my view are just mediocre value.The food quality is probably good but not to the taste of this Canadian.

Just curious - do they have nespresso machines, or something else? Nespresso good, krups bad