FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most Citi "Protection" benefits and Price Rewind discontinued September 22, 2019
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:23 am
seawolf
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyershmlyer

wish I could do that. Went through a big electronics shopping spree this spring and may need the card open for extended warranty. Unless you can still file warranty claims on a closed card.
Originally Posted by seadan
Wow, I didn't realize that all the travel benefits were getting axed, too. Just sent Citi a note on Twitter expressing my disappointment.

The extended warranty benefits, along with price rewind and the travel protection, was a big reason why I kept (and spent on) my Prestige card. I, too, would be curious to know about the extended warranty protection if I were to close or downgrade my card.
You don’t lose coverage for prior purchases if you close the account.

From the end of the PDF guide:
These benefits do not apply if Your card privileges have been cancelled. However, benefits will still apply for any benefit You were eligible for prior to the date that Your account is suspended or cancelled, subject to the terms and conditions
of coverage.
Originally Posted by entropy
Wow. I could see the price rewind, but eliminating the car/flight insurance is just insane.
Especially car rental insurance. I’m still shocked and thinking maybe someone hacked the site. I was on the fence on whether to review Prestige but Citi just made the decision for me.