FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Large CE Cabins
Thread: Large CE Cabins
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:32 am
1Aturnleft

Originally Posted by dougzz
But if you haven't got a drink 45 mins into a 2 hour flight what's the point of CE? I understand the explanations offered here and the wealth of knowledge of BA is staggering, but I just don't get why they couldn't get a drink. How much setting up can 3 people do in that space? I agree others would have asked for a drink, but isn't that because it's a reasonable expectation that far into a flight?

I agree in your context that it's a reasonable expectation to have been served a drink after 45mins. The point I was making is if the crew made the exception for one passenger it would open a floodgate of drink requests from everyone else who would also be keenly waiting for a drinks pass and knock the service out of kilter.
From what I can gather, there is somewhat of a log jam in logistics now on board the now desnified A321's and the new neo's. Galley space is virtually non existent especially at the rear and BoB stuff is often stored at the front. This means the BoB trolley needs to be prepped and cleared of the galley before the crew commence thr Club service. I've witnessed this several times with 4 crew literally fighting for space at the front galley. Not sure what the capacity of the oven(s) are but it's entirely possible for a large Club cabin that the hot food needs heating in 2 waves. With all this in mind I'm not surprised it takes 45mins to commence the Club service under certain circumstances. Does this make it justified? Absolutely not. Does it mean 3 crew are lazy, full of attitude and hanging about watching the oven timer just because they can't be bothered to conduct a Club service to the customers expectations instead of that laid down in the service delivery for that particular flight and load? No it doesn't