FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Leicester Square, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:43 am
WilcoRoger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Stayed for 2 nights on a weekend break.

- Location. If you want to be downtown, fabulous. Leicester Sq is right there, China Town's entry gate is outside the hotel door, Covent Garden, Trafalgar Sq, Piccadilly Circus, etc all within a short walk. Direct access (as in no changing) to/from LHR on the Piccadilly line, the hotel is just between Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Sq tube stations. Short walk from either.

- Room. I don't know if we were upgraded or not on this award stay. The layout has been described above several times, so I won't go into it. Some peculiarities, though. It's a double room, but there's only on bar stool to sit. There is no work desk - on a work trip this is a no-no for me.

- Noise. The window halts the outside noise (from Leicester Sq) effectively. If not, it's probably open (not swung open, but tilted open) Close it. However, the (sub)bass thump-thump of the disco downstairs (I guess it's from the hotel's own club) is heard loud and clear and is going on until well after midnight (3rd floor room) If you think that disturbs your sleep, this is a no-go.

- Breakfast. The 1st floor bar cannot cope with the amount of guests. Also the choices are underwhelming. They charge £24 p.p, definitely not worth it, could be spent much better just stepping out the hotel door.

- At check-in I was made to chose between 1000p or free breakfast as amenity. Weird, as Titaniums should get both. Let's see what posts.