FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - can US<->Europe rt busn award get lower than 128K/person?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:00 am
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by hfly
Gooselee, and just before that the floor was 90k, and a few years before that 80k.................and considering that hardly anyone ever finds avails at 128k, no it is not remarkable............some would call it something else entirely!
Gosh, my apologies. I completely forgot that reminiscing about the good ol' days of 8-10+ years ago and a completely different era of airline FFPs was more relevant to this conversation than describing what is currently the reality. And certainly the various reports of people actually booking TATL J awards at 98/116/128k within the past year are strong evidence of hardly anyone ever finding them available.

If OP found TATL, business class flights that work for him/her for 128k RT per person, OP should book them now.

If others would like to wait around to see if DL magically decides to reverse a decade of program changes and inflation to release large volumes of 80k awards, they have every right to do so. Personally I don't think that's the better strategy than just taking the 128k flight currently being offered, right now, in today's reality.