FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked Domestic Y fare but could choose seat in J class
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:04 pm
yvrcnx

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
When NH use international configurations for domestic flights, they do not need the big premium cabins. As the 787 J cabin can be divided, only the forward cabin is used as premium class seat, the rear J cabin and the PY cabin are relased to Y passengers. As long you are not in the forward J cabin, and there is not change of aircraft, I expect that your seats will stick.

Just to underline, you did not get a free upgrade, service will be the Y service.
Thank you CPH-Flyer, that' kind of what I thought because the front cabin had all business class seats blocked.
I didn't expect there would be a different service to the 'real' economy class section because all seats in Y, Y+ and the 2nd cabin of Business were avaialable for seat selection and for a 1 hour and 30 minutes flight, I don't need business class meals etc.. It's just a good way to experience their longhaul Business product since this is actually the first time I am flying ANA.

Thanks again, really appreciate your feedback.