FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:00 pm
Romanianflyer

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
Hi, I understand you are still in your first year of Elite membership (granted through status match) and since you have collected 15k miles, the Elite membership will be extended for a second year.
Please note the wiki and recent discussion in this thread which indicates a "special treatment" of the second year if the Elite status has been granted through a status match: In order to renew your Elite status for 2 more years (i.e. year 3 and 4), you need to collect 37,500 status miles in your upcoming second year - the 15k miles from your first year do not count.
This is a special treatment particularly for the second year.

Once you have collected these 37,500 miles, your Elite membership will be renewed for 2 more years and then follow normal (re)qualification rules as outlined here:
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-u...ils/index.html
Thanks!

Indeed still in the first year. Too bad the 15,000 miles do not count - but the 37,500 should be doable. Just one thing I could not find back in the link/wiki, is whether 2nd year also has the requirement of TK flights only for those 37,500 miles? It would be much easier if flying other *A airlines would count too.