FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deterioration of treatment of elites during irregular operations?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:54 am
dls25

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by uxb

All fair questions.

It wouldn’t have been faster at all, but going back to LAX to sit several hours for an almost red-eye was not something that I wanted to do having already flown from BUR. The plane was apparently Mx before I even left for PHX, but the app didn’t push that notification until a few minutes after I left. If they had pushed the notification sooner, then I wouldn’t have flown to PHX at all.

As for flying to YVR, PHX was an operational nightmare and people were being put on flights for Wednesday and Thursday. If I had a choice of flying someone that was reliably late or American Airlines, then I would go with the carrier that was reliably late. YVR is also home now, so I could’ve popped in, went to Richmond for dinner, popped back to the airport and left vs. sitting for hours on end at PHX/LAX.

As for my eventual replacement PHX > JFK flight, it wasn’t an option that was available to me the previous day. PHX > LAX > JFK was only offered.
Flying phx-yvr-jfk with a cx segment would actually be illegal. That would be cabotage. If AA flew Yvr-jfk you would be able to get away with it but the CX segment is a no go on a domestic itinerary.