FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deterioration of treatment of elites during irregular operations?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:24 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
I can't imagine in a million years that AA would agree to switch you from PHX-LAX-JFK...to an international connection on partner Cathay PHX-YVR-JFK. How would that have been faster than going back to LAX the way they wanted you to go LAX to JFK? what did you tell AA why you didn't want to go to do the almost hourly LAX to JFK flight and preferred to fly clear to vancouver first?

it's good that you were able to get on the JFK non-stop from Phoenix eventually.
All fair questions.

It wouldn’t have been faster at all, but going back to LAX to sit several hours for an almost red-eye was not something that I wanted to do having already flown from BUR. The plane was apparently Mx before I even left for PHX, but the app didn’t push that notification until a few minutes after I left. If they had pushed the notification sooner, then I wouldn’t have flown to PHX at all.

As for flying to YVR, PHX was an operational nightmare and people were being put on flights for Wednesday and Thursday. If I had a choice of flying someone that was reliably late or American Airlines, then I would go with the carrier that was reliably late. YVR is also home now, so I could’ve popped in, went to Richmond for dinner, popped back to the airport and left vs. sitting for hours on end at PHX/LAX.

As for my eventual replacement PHX > JFK flight, it wasn’t an option that was available to me the previous day. PHX > LAX > JFK was only offered.