FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Istanbul 'New' Airport ( IST/ISL ) - Master Thread ✈️
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:29 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by spideysense
We’re 4 passengers with 6 suitcases and are staying at the Marriott Sisli. I contacted the hotel, and they quoted me 160 euros plus 18% VAT for a one-way hotel transfer. Seems expensive.

Should I get a taxi at the airport instead? Do they have vans to fit all our bags and passengers?

I read here that the taxis there rip you off and also that it’s disorganized and the wait time for a taxi at the airport is really long. We have two small kids so I don’t want any added stress.

Suggestions are appreciated.
€160 for an airport transfer is %100 A TOURIST SCAM and avoid it unless you are a billionaire and unless you like spending money too much.
There are luxury taxis at the airport ( Mercedes Vito ) which would charge you the double of the taximeter and would cost ( €40-50 ) o/w. You could put your carry-on bags inside the seating area and your bags back in the trunk. ( I am not sure if 6 large suitcases would fit ). The other option would be to split into 2 regular taxis which would cost the same price.

In your case, the information about the sizes of suitcases would help the most.