FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What if many travellers boycott paid advance seat selection ?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:42 am
localady

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
if travellers collude and constitute a collective collaborative bloc, perhaps there will be change.
I doubt it... Too many travellers want the cheapest flight that they can get to go from Point A to Point B and don't really care about seat selection. As long as they got that flight from JFK to SFO for $200 and can brag about it, they are thrilled... It's the old WFBF (want first buy first) or in this case WSSBSS (Want Seat Selection buy seat selection) as a 2019 flyer...

Recently I heard somebody throw a hissy fit that they paid $400 apiece for 4 tickets on a base fare on an international flight which had a main cabin fare of $985 per seat. The flight was full and his pregnant wife and two kids (8 and 10) couldn't all sit together since there were only middle row seats not taken. I didn't feel sorry for him. The $400 was a great deal, but came with limitations... The cheap fares are great if you wish to accept the limitations and for those who are, I say leave the seat selection fees.