FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Given someone else's reservation
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:35 pm
Enigma368

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
As I think on it, it also seems that the upgrade fee is pretty strange. Wouldn't that be added at the time of rental? I would think if you upgraded it on the res before you picked it up, it would just be included on the rate. You can perhaps upgrade from the app, when you get your confirmation email, but why would you do that if you did not expect to pick it up? Strange
The upgrade fee seems to be because I took a car from Presidents Circle section which would have no upgrade charge for me as a PC member but seems to have triggered an automatic $60 a day upgrade charge for the guy whose reservation they used. Again it seems super sloppy that the gate agent didnt even ask if I was ok with an upgrade charge.

Originally Posted by TerryK
Even if they do, they cannot prove it was you who rented and cannot bill you.
Well I am sure they have CCTV at LAX and could use that to eventually prove it was me. Anyway, I have no interest in stealing a car from Hertz lol. But it is funny how sloppy their process can be.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 9, 2019 at 4:14 am Reason: consecutive posts merged