FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge at Manchester T1 - Disgrace
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:18 pm
GlobalMatt

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Bratislava Blade
I will honestly say that this lounge is the worst I have ever seen in Europe. It is not an LH lounge but I assume they pay for for access and so therefore have the right to check the standard that is being offered to their premium passengers. In short, if you can I would advise to avoid Manchester airport in general and the aspire lounge at all costs.
I'll agree here. We flew out of MAN last year on SQ. Luckily there was an area cordoned off for SQ, but it was pathetic. Lounge person said, "sorry one beer per person." What in the actual f? I was trying to get one for my wife. I asked if I could have a mimosa, and she goes "what does this look like, a bar?" (Not being sarcastic, but I also couldn't help but agree with her. It was like cabinets that shared a common thread of storing booze with a countertop that may or may not actually have been a bar). I told her if she poured me some champagne I'd leave her alone and get juice from the breakfast bar. I actually got her to laugh and cheer up after that one for whatever reason.

We have had better airport experiences on budget airlines in the past up until we got on the actual aircraft, of course. The boarding process was offensive and we've had better lounge experiences at the Naples train station than this. Luckily the SQ flight was just fine. We will never return to Manchester. Flying Southwest out of Love Field felt like a 5-star experience compared to the foibles we experienced at MAN. Woof.