FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa’s latest way to annoy customers: constant seat changes
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:33 pm
tods27

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Friday 21st June. LH1796 MUC-FAO

Checked in online 24 hours before departure and took seat 6D. Business class was rows 1-4 with 3 seats taken only. Economy was from row 5 backwards, an A321.

8 hours before departure and my 6D has become 12D. Business class has been expanded back to include row 11. Business class still only has 3 passengers and economy now only has a few spare seats.

On boarding, no surprises, 5 total passengers in business class still extending to include row 11. A few free middle seats in Economy otherwise everybody squished in.

I fly this route very regularly and this is the 2nd time in as many weeks that I observe this.

This feels like a deliberate ploy to increase discomfort as an incentive to encourage business class bookings. Well, dear Lufthansa, not here. Terrible.

Maybe the return leg had a large number of business class customers, so they needed to move the partition and didn't want to do it at FCO.