FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:17 am
Cledaybuck

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by kthpence
Granted I live in San Francisco, but excluding their cocktails (which are quite expensive, but to be expected in Hawaii), their wine actually seems incredibly reasonable. $12-$15 for a 6oz pour & $18-$22 for a 9oz pour seems pretty fair to me...Assuming this puts their bottle prices in the $45-$70 range, which is much cheaper than San Francisco!

https://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsit.../KAPA_Menu.PDF
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Having lived in the valley and Half Moon Bay I well know the cost of everything however in comparing a glass of wine one must also take into consideration the wine itself I have sent a few bottles back in the islands due to lack of proper storage. If one is buying 45-70 range in the islands it sounds like 14 hands
Originally Posted by jsl_313
As an Upstate NYer, $12-15 for a 6 oz pour is laugh-out-loud expensive, considering a decent bottle could be had here for $12. But as you said, it's Hawaii, so to be expected. I'll pay a markup on drinks at dinner of course, but I'm certainly not planning to pay resort prices for drinks at the pool throughout the day.
That chateau st. michelle riesling that they want $12 a pour for can be bought for $9 a bottle at the Target in Maui ($8 here in OH).