FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bali {IDN}
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:00 pm
TravelingZoomer

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
I must say personally Nusa Dua isn’t my favorite place in Bali. It has a bunch of really nice resorts and overpriced (for the area) restaurants. But my interests are a bit different than most on this forum I think.

For partying, Kuta is the place to be for cheap and if you wanna relive glory days with a bunch of fratty Australian teens. Seminyak is a bit more upscale but also has lovely night life.

The beaches in Nusa Dua aren’t horrible, but they aren’t the best by far. Conrad’s beach sucks though so if you’re intent to stay with Hilton brand go to Hilton. Personally my favorite beaches are in sanur because they’re a bit calmer and caters to relaxing couple retreat types.

I’d recommend at least a few nights in Ubud if not more. It’s really the cultural capital of the island and in my opinion reason why you go to Bali as opposed to say Hawaii or the Caribbean. Over tourism has definitely had an impact, so if you do go try to be mindful of it. I really liked the monkey forest and luwak coffee tasting when I was there.

I also recommend going to Tanjung Benoa for a day. Really nice place.

Sorry if this is off topic, to revert back to Conrad just finished a four night stay. Probably won’t come back when I go back to Bali. Not saying it’s a bad resort, it’s quite good and reasonable prices but it’s such a sellers market in Bali that you can choose to be picky.