FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using entertainment devices with audio in public areas without headphones or earbuds
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:40 pm
EWRFlyerAL

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Using entertainment devices with audio in public areas without headphones or earbuds

I flew LGA-ORD this week. Seated across from me in F were two women. Before we took off, the woman in the aisle seat was watching YouTube videos at full volume without earbuds. The woman next to her asked her if she could use headphones or not play video. She flipped. She started shouting something to the effect of "I can watch whatever I want. Mind your own business." The other woman told her that she didn't need to shout at her. This made it worse. She told her she could say and do as she pleased as she was very valuable to United. I chimed in and said that she didn't need to talk to the other woman like that and that she was disturbing others by watching videos. She told me to shut up and then said "I don't need this from you, I'm Global Services."

I laughed and replied, "me, too. Your point?" She then got more frustrated and said, "I don't care. I'm a more valuable Global Services customer than you." I just laughed again. She then proceeded to call someone on her phone and said that she was happy her upgrade cleared (they moved her shortly after boarding) but that the people in F were picking on her and very mean. LOL.