FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comparing Wyndham & Marriott brands
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:11 am
cubbynole

To echo what the others have said, expect at least a notch below with the Wyndham brands. Of the two Wyndham Grand properties that I've stayed (Chicago and Pittsburgh), the Chicago was as nice as any Marriott or Hilton I've stayed at in Chicago whereas the Pittsburgh location had a great location and that was about it (tiny room, no fridge, worn furniture). I would slot a full service Wyndham as comparable to a Four Points in the Bonvoy hierarchy; Wyndham Garden is similar in amenities to Courtyard, but I'd pick Courtyard 100% of the time if price is remotely comparable. Wingates and some LQ are comparable to Fairfield Inn, Hawthorn Suites is a notch below TownePlace. With Marriott/Bonvoy (and Hilton) I feel I've never had to do much research, anything that fit my price point and location would be fine; whereas with Wyndham is you really need to do your research on the properties, ESPECIALLY below the Wingate level (LQ is too hit or miss especially with their old exterior corridor properties, though the newer builds have been very nice) - there are some very fine properties (Days Inn & Suites in Prattville, AL being one), but there are also some places you really want to stay. And storewanderer is spot on with Baymont being old 90s exterior Hamptons.