FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott STARS and Marriott Luminous (General Discussion Thread)
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:53 am
bcosinteno

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Interesting how different person's experiences are. Based on my experience, I would agree that the average FS Marriott would be slightly better than the average Sheraton. And my experience is that a Westin is really just a FS Marriott without a lounge. (I do know that some Westins may have a lounge, but most every Westin I have stayed at didn't.)

So what is the difference between the Marriott STARS and say the Amex Plat Luxury hotel reservation benefits or the Marriott Brilliant Amex Luxury Hotel benefits? And do we have to go through a Travel Agent for the Marriott Luminous as well?
Correct, Marriott STARS and Marriott Luminous bookings will have to be done through a Travel Agent. AMEX FHR does get you guaranteed 4:00 PM check-out. However there are a lot of Marriott properties that don't participate in FHR - and I'm assuming you'll see more of them participating in STARS or Luminous.