FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancel ticket and no-show fee - forfeit and itinerary change?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:15 pm
lokijuh

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by quantumslip
I know I can split off the itinerary to just be me. My question is could I also ask them to just cancel and forfeit the ticket/value? I just want to avoid the no-show fee on top of the ticket I would forfeit.

Alternatively if there's a way to rebook what I have to the routing I need I could do that (and maybe forget premium economy), but I'm not sure if I can completely change the routing and get "credit".
1) If you don't turn up, you won't be charged a no-show fee if you are happy to forfeit your ticket. No-show fees are usually only charged if you want to retain your ticket.
2) " AT ANY TIME FARE MAY BE USED AS CREDIT TOWARDS PAYMENT OF ANY SQ FARE OF EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE REASSESSED FROM POINT OF ORIGIN PROVIDED THE CONDITIONS OF THE NEW FARES ARE MET. " Rebooking will cost $68 SGD in change fees + fare difference. Worth noting as ticket was originally issued in Singapore, it needs to be re-issued (fare reassessed) from Singapore. Sometimes fares for say XXX-SIN-YYYwill be much higher if issued in Singapore, than if issued in the country of XXX.