FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Orders 50 Airbus A321XLR at 2019 Paris Airshow
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:12 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by ashill
Funny; I'd say especially in Y. With six passengers per aisle and no option to go to the other aisle, the fraction of time you'll be trapped by a cart from going anywhere in Y will be awfully high. To me, that's the biggest drawback of a narrowbody.
Perhaps AA didn't do it, but US and others flew the B757 from East Coast hubs to Europe in the past. I only flew on one once, on CO LIS-(GLA)-EWR (fuel stop due to volcano mess), and it was a far better experience than the B767 or A330 in coach. I don't recall any issues with the lavs. They actually did drink/snack service between LIS and GLA, then did the full drink/meal service after we got going from GLA, so carts were in the aisles quite a bit. From what I remember, most of the B757's had a forward lav in Y (just in front of door 2L), then 2 more in the back. If this new A321 variant is similar, I really don't see any problems.