FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Orders 50 Airbus A321XLR at 2019 Paris Airshow
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:35 pm
ashill

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by AA100k

Agree. I’m not onboard with joyful news of a long range narrow body option, especially in J.
Funny; I'd say especially in Y. With six passengers per aisle and no option to go to the other aisle, the fraction of time you'll be trapped by a cart from going anywhere in Y will be awfully high. To me, that's the biggest drawback of a narrowbody.

At the very least, they better choose to configure the plane with lavs near the front of Y. And if they don't, I as a Y passenger will be using the lavs up front when carts block the aisle, so making the coach experience worse would also make the business experience worse for those who are bothered by passengers from the back walking through to the lav.

But I also generally agree that a narrowbody flying nonstop deep into Europe (or from smaller North American cities to major European hubs, namely LHR for AA+partners) is an enormous plus, building on the routes the 787 enables. As always, a lot of the comfort comes down to how the airline chooses to configure the plane rather than the plane itself.