FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Club membership now $650 effective 8/13/19
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:41 am
bobblevins

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by spin88
I am though their 2-3 times a month, nearly every time I fly UA. I need a good stiff drink before getting on a UA flight I have never, not once, not found a place to sit. Might I have to look arround? Yes. Might I not have a table in front of me I can eat off? Yes. But never not found a place to sit. The Club that is most impacted IMHE is SEA, which sometimes can't let people in.

+1. Decent wine, good cocktails, and the food is delicious ^ I would must rather stand and eat/drink at the Centurion than sit down and deal with the swill/crud at the United Club.

I am amazed by AA, the Parkerization is really amazing. I am actually going to fly them on Monday - 4 seats in PE to Paris, then back from BCN, but they only made the "an airline I will fly" since its (a) PE and (b) their is a Centurion at DFW and PHL (our return).

Delta though will give lounge access (as will AS via PP membership which comes with the AMEX) to an AMEX Plt. So if you are flying Delta, it is silly to pay $845, you can just get the AMEX PLT for $550 and you can use their lounges.
I have been turned away at AS lounges with PP, since "we don't participate" any more. Including PDX

Last edited by bobblevins; Jun 19, 2019 at 6:51 am Reason: add pdx