FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Purchased Business on 787-8 and got an A320 instead! Refund?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:22 am
james dean

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by ftcom
I was booked on YEG-YYZ-LGA starting just after midnight MDT and arriving in NYC at 9am EDT.

I had a business seat purchased on a 787-8 for the YEG-YYZ leg, so I could get some proper sleep. The 787-8 has nice business class seats that can let you get some good rest. The YYZ-LGA leg I just stayed with Econ since it's an hour flight from 8am-9am so really, who cares.

However, the YEG-YYZ leg was delayed to a 2am departure, arriving in Toronto at something ridiculous like 7:55am, meaning I would miss my 8am flight out to LGA. I called up Altitude VIP 75k and had them move me to an earlier flight so I could make my connection.

They did the change and then as I board, I realize, oh god, it's an A320. The business class was so uncomfortable compared to what I would have had on the 787-8.
Has anyone ever received a credit or partial refund for this kind of switch? It just seems bogus. I wouldn't have bothered paying for the business upgrade for the first leg if it was an A320.

Any advice or similar stories would be much appreciated
Nope no refund for sure, you requested the change & it's was a business class cabin you were seated in. Best you'll get is "sorry for your disappointment"
I understand it was a major let down, especially when you were expecting the lie-flat...