FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cabotage? Flying PEK-HKG-PVG
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:22 am
Ausriver

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
Thanks! Appreciate the advice! I guess the main reasons for booking this itinerary were 1) direct flights in business class between PEK and SHA are super-expensive at approx. 500-820 USD one-way [according to Google Flights] 2) no award tickets available on my preferred date 3) I don't mind spending a day in the air and at the airport if that allows my to try out a new airline/product 4) admittedly, I didn't really check for alternatives like the train.

Since this is an award ticket, I would be able to cancel it. So I will probably look into the train option a bit closer - unless somebody has an idea how to get cheaper business class tickets between PEK and SHA
If you don't mind spending a whole days, also like to try out new products, doesn't want to spend 820 USD, the Business Class bullet train shall be a good option. They are more reliable in term of schedule. Just keep in mind that you don't get a full meal with the train ticket, only some snacks and one none alcoholic drink.

And also if you're not in a hurry, and still want to fly F from PEK to SHA/PVG with your BA points, why not change your lay-over time in HKG to a bit longer, so you won't worry about delays and also gets to try the two F lounges in HKG.