FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Club membership now $650 effective 8/13/19
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:20 am
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

How does your Plat card get you into the AS lounges? The Priority Pass Access for AS lounges ended in many locations a while ago. Did they announce a new Amex Plat specific access plan that I missed? (I was sitting outside the AS lounge at the SEA C Gates last night and would have loved to go in)

As a free agent, I have little interest in buying an airline specific lounge membership program. Amex Plat and Priority Pass, UA *G and international business class travel give me sufficient coverage. $650 would pay for plenty of airport meals in restaurants.
You have to use the Priority Pass card that they send you when you sign up (it costs nothing) and works as every AS board room except SEA - or so their site shows, I've never tried at SEA, I just go to the centurian lounge.

I used it last thursday at LAX, and have used at PDX as well. No club at SFO, so never tried it here. Never had an issue, and the benifit is that while DL only lets me into the SkyClub, PP allows a guest. But you need the PP card, not as with DL just your Amex PLT.