FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Leaving Jan 2023] The Danieli, Luxury Collection, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:12 pm
yjc281

Programs: AA (Lifetime Gold, 1MM),UA(Premier Silver), Hilton(Diamond), Marriott (LTT), Hertz (PC)
Originally Posted by odie11
My husband, daughter (16) and I just had an incredible two night stay here. We booked a regular lagoon view room on points and put in for an upgrade which we doubted we would see but low and behold, we were upgraded to a magnificent corner lagoon front suite with an enormous living room and two balconies. We were treated wonderfully by Sarah upon checking in. My husband is lifetime titanium with them, but still easily requalifies every year. They sent us a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates to welcome us as well. There was no charge for the extra bed (person) and for some reason there was no charge for the third breakfast (they told us two would be comped). I have NOTHING to complain about concerning this hotel and our stay. Yes, it is in a very busy part of Venice but that is not their fault-it is magical if you get out to St Mark's before the daytrippers and the cruisers. I got there at 7:30 and there were three other people in the entire square with me. A lovely hotel and a superb stay. I felt everyone was friendly, but the bar waiters, who were a bit aloof, but oh well- so is my local butcher!
I'm also lifetime titanium and just had a fantastic stay last week with my two daughters 8 and 12. I booked two basic rooms for 60k each 3 months ago and the level of service is the most incredible I've seen.
I e-mailed them to ask about extra child policy 2 months ago and they spontaneously looked up my reservation and asked my preferred bed types, then promised me to put us in two rooms close to each other. When my 8 years old daughter saw the photos on marriott.com she started to refer to Hotel Danieli as the "Pink Room Hotel". I asked her not to keep the hope too high as that would require at least double upgrades from our basic rooms. 1 week before arrival I saw in the app our rooms were upgraded to Luxury Excelsior Rooms which are "Red" rooms that looked really nice.
The day before arrival I saw they upgraded us again to a huge Grand Dandolo Suite and a Dandolo Room right next to each other. Both are "Pink Rooms". We arrived on water taxi and my daughters were extremely happy with the rooms. They also offered a $36 EUR discount on breakfast for my other family members. (2 adults free) The girl who checked us in had a bright smile and seemed very welcoming and the other lady who checked us out was extremely professional and courteous. She took time and verified every single charge with me to make sure they are correct. The rooms are not only spacious but also in extremely good conditions given the hotel was built in the 1300s and has almost been a hotel for 200 years.
My daughter drew on a piece of paper 3 hearts, 3 stars and "This really is a Luxury Home!".
I honestly have never been so impressed in my 1500+ nights of hotel stays. (mostly Marriott and Hilton properties)
It is really hotels like Hotel Danieli that make me want to give my business to Marriott.

Last edited by yjc281; Jun 18, 2019 at 5:22 pm