FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Option for weekly commute Burbank-Palo Alto (Calif)
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:25 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by findark
Aren't there some semi-private options that fly to SQL? OAK at high commute is probably almost two hours; CCR is a good joke
Until, and perhaps even if, they fly to PAO, getting to Palo Alto will be a disaster in traffic. When trying to drive to SFO from Palo Alto it could take me 30 minutes just to reach a freeway.
Don't even get me started on the traffic issue in the South Bay.... It is my life.... if that is what you want to call it. As far as SQL I don't know if Voom is looking into that my suspicion is no, not in the immediate future. For now I know the service will only link the Bay area commercial airports and probably SAC. Later to expand into pick up at various other locations such as Gnoss Field, Sausalito (which previously had service), and probably something out east/Walnut Creek. Initial take off and landings will be executive terminals such as Signature Aviation at SFO with shuttle service to the main terminals. They are trying to keep pricing competitive but I guess we will soon see.