FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Search engine for multi-city AND multi fare classes?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:32 pm
maxwellh

Programs: AA EXP/MM
Originally Posted by oaken
Yeah, one would think that Google of all companies would be far better qualified to do this than AA/BA.
Funny...I just saw this thread that I'd posted from a couple years ago, and it seems like nothing has changed. AA is relatively functional when it comes to doing multi-cabin ticketing, and they can even pull off multi-city/multi-cabin ticketing most of the time. BA will work for either multi-city OR multi-cabin, but not both. Google is capable of doing multi-city, but seems incapable of multi-cabin, and it's wonderful for doing open-ended destinations, but I can't seem to trick it into doing open-ended originations. Matrix can do multi-cabin, and it works great (i.e. you can do calendar searches with it) if your'e set up as a fairly straightforward round trip--even with multiple cities in your search. Matrix can even do multi-city multi-cabin, but it can be cumbersome, and I feel like it often yields inaccurate results--even then, you're still limited to doing specific dates (or the old +/- one day thing).

So I'll ask this question again two years later--are there any services I'm missing for fare hunting? Here's my dream (and yes...I realize that this is a very choosy beggar dream): I'd love to be able to do an open-ended origination, a closed-end destination, a duration, an open-ended calendar, and "fuzzy" cabin selection (e.g. "United States" to BKK for 1 night in the next 6 months in Business in one direction and Premium Economy the other). Maybe that's too much for a search engine to parse, but Google seems capable of doing a good chunk of that (not so much that complex cabin selection) but only with a "set" origination (or up to 5 of them).