FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW-KEF 6-16-2019 cancelled crew “issues”
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:04 pm
boerne

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Yes DFW-KEF is seasonal, with the international 757, or so they say. Crazy line and disruptive pax in the FL trying to get re-routed. Twitter team finally responded but didnt help. Great AAngel in the FL well past closing time stayed with us and got us on the ~1130 pm DFW-DUB in Y, with an onward flight on IcelandAir in J on tuesday so we can get on the boat. There were 2 empty PE seats before the doors closed. I went to a friendly looking FA, and in my best 3 helix voice asked if two distressed EXP could move there if they didn't fill. She checked her tablet and said they were taken but if they didn't show she would check with the GA. Sure enough, we got the battlefield upgrade to PE. We have not flown in PE so it was educational. The bulkhead seats, especially on the 2 seat sides had way more leg room than the other rows. So we maxed out our recline and I used my blanket and pillow to get my legs just a bit higher. Food was meh. We were right next to the bathroom but the flight must have been for patients on dialysis because hardly anyone used it. My wifes watch said she got 5.5 hours of sleep, and I am pretty sure I got 4+ on this 8 hour flight. After we got to DUB we went to the AA desk landside to see if we could keep going. No dice. As we were walking away one GA came and got us and took us back. I was not sure about EC 261
  • have been transferred from the flight for which he/she held a reservation to some other flight
But magically we were given a hotel room, dinner and breakfast in DUB. Now, if we can just get to KEF before 4 pm we are all good. Recommendations for requesting compensation? Should I ask for credit for DUB in J, or ORC DFW-KEF, I fare?