FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:28 am
ChrisBub

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Hi TG gurus,

I have a few questions which which I hope you’re able to help out with. I will be travelling with my OH over Xmas and NY to Thailand and Cambodia and will be flying a variety of airlines in and around the region, including WE and TG.

Our final flight will be from CNX to BKK, where we will connect (on separate tickets) to QR J to go back to Europe. So my questions are the following:

1. Would TG interline with QR in our case and send our luggage the whole way through to Stockholm if we were to book with them?

The next bunch of questions probably need some context. We would plan to take the final TG from CNX to BKK, as our QR flight departs at 5am. I believe that has us landing in BKK at around 22.30. Depending on whether our bags can be checked through, and on the assumption we would need to check in for our QR flight (we’d do this as soon as check-in opens at around 2am) in BKK, is there anywhere to park ourselves to watch films or something from our computer landside in BKK which is relatively quiet?

if, on the other hand, TG can interline our luggage, can they also check us in for our QR flight and send us CIQ from CNX? And in that case, as we fly J, are any lounges open between midnight and 2.30am (which is when QR lounge opens, I understand) which we could access? Alternatively we will again just try to find a quietist area to park ourselves to rest and watch some films.

Final question (I think). Is it worth flying J from CNX to BKK? It seems to be a 777-300 TG plane, and the cost differential is only around 50€ as far as I can understand (1800 THB). And would flying J into BKK give us access to anything special once arriving in BKK before we can take advantage of our QR J benefits?

Oh, one final thing. The fact the flight from CNX leaves the night before our QR flight (even though the layover is only around 7-8 hours I think), would that have any effect on the ability to interline/check through by TG?

Ive only once flown TG before and that was LHR-BKK in the a380 sardine can class, so I am keen to see the J product, even if only domestic. A final data point, though I guess at this part of the journey it has no effect on anything, is that I will be able to travel to Thailand visa-exempt whereas OH is VOA. Who knows, maybe they’ll extend the VOA fee waiver until Xmas

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer these questions.