FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UX - Air Europa
Thread: UX - Air Europa
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:04 am
offvoice

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by coltonatx
Have any of the A330-200 been reconfigured with the new seats?

I booked JFK-MAD and would like to know what to expect.

thank you
I flew MAD-JFK-MAD last week-end on their A330. J is full-flat 2-2-2 (so reconfigured) with a weird layout when your lying flat, one of the seat is higher than the other (by at least 30-40 cm when both are lying flat). If you're flying by yourself, I'd recommend middle row, as the window seats can get quite tricky when exiting onto the aisle (either you or your neighbor if you're on the aisle side, will have to quite literally climb to get out). Other than that, quite comfy to be honest, not the best out there, but not the worst (better than J on AF's 380 for instance). Since they sent me an email before the flight (or during check-in, I don't remember) saying I'd enjoy the "new" business class on my flight, I'd assume all 330 going to JFK are reconfigured.

For the Y class, I walked their and noticed what I hadn't for years now, long-haul with no IFE! Only TVs like in the old days. So if you're flying Y, do bring a tablet if you have one. (You can connect for free to their WiFi to enjoy their IFE). Once again, not sure if all planes flying to JFK have this lack of IFE.

Good to know :
1- MAD is a non-smoking airport (I had a layover for 4 hours), *but* there is a smoking terrace in the Air Europa/VIP Lounge you get to when flying to JFK (if you are flying back to JFK afterwards).
2- UX departed (for me) from T4 at JFK, where you're given a card to access a lounge, however, if you're Flying Blue/AF Gold or Plat, you can access the Delta Lounge which is, though busy, much better.

Hope it helps, do let us know here what you experienced, it's definitely an unreported airline on FT.

Last edited by offvoice; Jun 17, 2019 at 3:14 am Reason: typo