FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IAH Any places to sit and hang out pre-security?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:28 pm
TexasKaren

IAH Any places to sit and hang out pre-security?

So, I'm slowly screwing up my vacation plans one air travel mistake at a time. I was planning to hang out at a lounge before my SQ flight from IAH to MAN in August (still working on lounge access) However, I will have to take a positioning flight from San Antonio to Houston. Because it's a separate ticket on a different airline, I'll have to collect my luggage in Houston and then go check in at Singapore Airlines. I just realized that the SQ counter doesn't open until 3 hrs, 45 min before the flight, so if I end up with a six or seven or more hour layover, because I'm paranoid about missing the connection, where do I hang out with my luggage for three or four hours until I can get through security and hopefully into a lounge somewhere? I don't know which terminal I'll arrive in on UA, but today the SQ flight was leaving from Terminal D. I do want to give myself a ridiculous amount of time in case anything goes wrong with the flight from San Antonio.