FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help on figuring out what to do with my time (how long in each place?)
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:25 am
sydunipete

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
My first trip to Italy was 5 weeks and I only scratched the surface of some of the major tourist sites. I sounds like you would enjoy tourist centres so stick with some of the major ones.

Venezia - a couple of days is enough
Firenze - is an amazing city with fantastic art and major sites. From Firenze you can visit the major tourist sites of Tuscany. Take a bus day tour to San Gimignano, Sienna and Pisa. Your Instagram will love you.
Roma - is a busy city with a lot to see and day trips to Orvieto, Frascati or even Amalfi Coast will give you many great memories.

I would stick with these major cities and regions. You can include Amalfi Coast which is spectacular and easily accessible with a 2 or 3 day bus tour from Roma.

Trains are excellent (there is no need to drive) and many of the sites I mention are accessible by tourist bus tours which are not as bad as they sound.