FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How does PlusPoints / Mileage Upgrade waitlist for business work with PremiumPlus?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:57 am
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I paid for PP and tried to apply a mileage upgrade. Barring some changes / cancellations / no-shows, it's not going to clear. So I'm in PP.

It slows me on the PP upgrade list with a green checkmark, as though I had been upgraded to PP (I wasn't; I bought a PP fare). Is this normal? I'm hoping it's just a display bug (they see me in the upgrade list; they see me in a PP seat; they assume I was upgraded) and won't affect my ability to get my miles + copay refunded?

I'm also curious about how the upgrade waitlist works when it goes to the gate. Paid PP is supposed to be ahead of all economy pax. For pre-gate-control upgrades this doesn't really hurt GS because they clear into different space, so even though I'm "ahead" of them, they are going to clear before I do. But at the gate there's no concept of upgrade space. Would I (lowly gold status in PP) really clear ahead of a GS on an economy fare?