FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ground Crew Strike? Work slow down? (Maintenance slowdown)
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:32 am
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jayer
What the injunction can't do is create extra-mile buy in from a dispirited and generally unhappy employee base ....
As I've asked in the AA forum before, would you identify for me, please, when AA employees were generally happy with management at the time? I watched the video link here (or maybe in another thread), where the union person was explaining to AA management that if AA thinks that the union is going to take things sitting down, they need to get that out of their heads.

What the union needs to understand is that the days of management being bullied by unions are over, too. Unions generally, and air travel industry unions in particular, don't have the kind of power that they once did. Just ask some former PATCO employees. Granted that that situation was different (the collective bargaining agreement prohibited strikes), but the unions simply are not running the show any more. Everyone needs to be reasonable.