FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Cash Rewards - 3% category qualifying options
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:38 am
rasheed

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by trikotret
BofA will probably copy Chase's award tracker. That'll help a lot. I'm planning on using this card with combo of my premium card.
Sigh. Here is what says on the rewards transactions when you go pass the $2500 limit:

CATEGORY BONUS: Combined purchases for bonus exceeds the quarterly max of $2,500
Obviously the last transaction that got a bonus did not get 2x from the base, but a bit less as it ran out of bonus. I guess the next quarter cannot come soon enough.

Originally Posted by LAX
Does anyone have experience on transactions that fit more than one category? For example, does purchasing a plane ticket online count as "Online shopping" or "Travel"? Or, does ordering foods online count as "Online shopping" or "Dining"? TIA.
LAX
It would count in either category. I saw this cool feature when I went to the change category screen on the web. The system can show you how your previous spending would have been categorized. Very cool. I saw a number of transactions fit into both Travel and Online Shopping.