FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer security check at DOH or not
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:54 pm
SSY

Programs: CX Go
Hi all,

I am considering booking a DONE4 round the world ticket that will connect through Doha.

Likely routing will be JNB-Doha->europe.

Some questions regarding the transfer (if there is a security check)

- Are these security checks your standard boarding security checks (screen carry on and personal baggage) etc. Are there any residual electronics rules from 2 yrs ago or laptops cameras normal batteries are fine? I will be carrying photography equipment albeit nothing crazy.

- if checked what should my minimum transfer time be when booking these flights to be sure I make the flights? assume all qatar airways flight onward to europe.

- apart from security does one need to clear customs with checked bags if just not intending to leave the airport? For example if I want to bring some alcohol back in the checked luggage would I need to deal with qatar customs on those if just transiting?

- additionally perhaps a bit technical but if I book as two separate segments in my RTW itinerary, would I be able to check through my bags from JNB to my final europe destination? or do i need to book as one segment with a connecting flight?

thanks