FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:28 pm
philemer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by r_chandra
Hello Everyone

Need some suggestion here.
I had booked a return trip for my wife and myself. However, just a day before the trip my wife fell ill. It was not so severe that we had to go to the doctor, but serious enough to rest and take medicines - basically we treated regular cold and flu with OTC medication.

We could just push the trip for a few days but we ended up canceling the trip and booking another a few days later. Now, while filing a claim for this trip cancellation, the CSR claims website had a category for "Undocumented Illness". I thought that's the correct category since we didn't have anything else as proof apart from Walgreens receipts. Now, the claims team wants the physician's statement. I don't have any.

Has anyone been in this kind of situation? What really appreciate some suggestions. I hope I am not the only one who would have had to cancel a trip because of illness without the doctor saying so.

Thanks
Welcome to FT. Unfortunately you do not have a legit claim.. Colds don't qualify. You need a doctor's statement recommending that you not travel. Sorry.

Also, read the wikipost at the top of the page for more data points.

Last edited by philemer; Jun 15, 2019 at 10:38 pm