FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ground Crew Strike? Work slow down? (Maintenance slowdown)
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:13 pm
IAHtraveler
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by AA2070
I get it, the mechanics are trying to make a point. I even, in principle, agree with them. However, at the end of the day, the actions don't hurt AA - most people on the plane don't know their cause, and nobody is seriously "never flying AA again" because of a MX delay. The company doesn't get hurt, management doesn't get hurt, the customer gets hurt.
I would slightly disagree that it does hurt AA. In the past month alone, I've had 4 MX re-routes that resulted in one, or more, of the following:
  1. Being pushed to UA, from AA flights that weren't in danger of being oversold
  2. Bags not getting to the destination when I do
  3. Overnight hotels/meals/transportation due to a misconnect
Sure, the amounts don't break AA's bank, but what AA has spent for these issues is nearly what I've spent on AA in the last quarter. Heck, today I've had 3 MX delays that have resulted in required re-routes. And it appears AA again will be buying a hotel/meal in CLT and clothes/toiletries when I get to my destination because my bags didn't get rerouted earlier. Hopefully others don't pay out of pocket for MX issues, as AA is liable for costs reasonable incurred.