FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fare Bucket for Military/Government ticket
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:28 pm
therossinator

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
Originally Posted by UAFLYER22
Any issues with a Same Day change on gov't fare? If I'm originally booked Y for an evening flight, but SDC to the morning flight, do I keep Y or will it kick to the lowest available fare? Does switching matter to the AO?
No issues with same day changes. In fact, in some cases when I've done SDCs, I've seen my PQD increase and thus my award miles. The first time it happened I was really concerned that United was making an additional charge to my GTCC but ultimately there was no additional charges, just additional PQDs and miles. If you want to make changes before 24 hours on your "Unrestricted" YCA or -CA fare, most agents at the government desk will tell you that you need to make those changes through your CTO (usually SATO), or wait until you've flown your first leg. However, there are at least 2-3 agents there that have no issue making routing changes well in advance of your departure under an even exchange.

You will keep your original fare class (you need to have the same fare class available on the new flight in order to do a SDC after all), and if your new routing is longer, you get additional PQMs. Your AO shouldn't care as they only see what was ticketed, not what was flown. However, if you SDC to a different day you should clear it with your AO as you will be changing your per-diem allotments.

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
My trip got ticketed yesterday. As you told me, I lost my upgrade in that one segment that I was upgraded in the app. I immediately checked but there was no PN space. This morning, I again got the message in the app about the upgrade for that segment. I took it. Is it now good or will I lose it again?

The preferred seat that I wanted on the CR2 was still available: an exit row seat next to my wife.
You should be good to go now. If you happened to look at your itinerary on the website at the same time the app was allowing you to upgrade, you would have seen that there were options to confirm your upgrade there as well. Before you were ticketed only the app would allow you to "upgrade". Glad to hear you made the cut!