FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Francisco Advice Needed
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:21 am
bsdstone
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
San Francisco Advice Needed

Headed to San Francisco with the family and in-laws on our way back from KOA next April. I am traveling with myself and my wife, two boys (then 13 &15) and my in laws (late 70's, but healthy). We land at SFO around 11pm and will depart SFO for ORD on Sunday morning. I will need two rooms for two nights...will use points, and I'm an aspire member (currently, but may drop to platinum next year). Despite my status (earned mostly through big bonus promos), I'm not that familiar with benefits, etc. that come with status.
I'm wondering what you all suggest would be the best hotel for us. Looking to introduce my kids and in-laws to the city and do the "touristy" things like alcatraz, ride cable cars, wharf, etc. Would be nice to have some space and a free breakfast for the kids, but location is probably more important. Right now considering the Intercontinental Hopkins or the sir frances drake...but certainly open to options.

Advice is GREATLY appreciated!