FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight Attendants Strike Vote
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:17 am
lemarts

Originally Posted by BlackHappy

I’m actually doing sea-tpe-Bkk on June 22nd as well. My feeling is that there are two flights out of Seattle on the 22nd, so they’ll find some way for me to get to Tpe. And there are 3-4 BR flights and another 3 codeshare flights each day that getting to BKK from TPE shouldn’t be an issue.

But, I can understand wanting more certainty for a trip you’ve planned for so long.
Thanks. I'm on BR025 and didn't realize BR003 was also going 30 min earlier. So that makes me feel a bit better. Are you suggesting that perhaps a strike wouldn't affect both flights? I get that it may be conjecture.

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Just stick with EVA. You don't have many options if your situation is this complicated.

From what we know the flights that are suppose to be secured are the ones flown only by EVA, so Seattle should be one of them.
May I ask what you mean by secured and flown only by EVA? You are suggesting that a strike wouldn't affect this SEA-TPE route?

Is there any more news on possibility or probability of a strike? English language news is so sparse.

For the time being I've not modified any reservations. My preferred alternatives at the moment (in the event that I know about an actual strike far enough in advance) are CX SEA-HKG-BKK (leaving a day early since the don't fly on 6/22) or crossing the border to take CI YVR-TPE-BKK.