FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Laundry (specifically, of undies)
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:50 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Laundry (specifically, of undies)

I have a mental block of having the hotel laundry wash my undies, yet I detest hand-washing and I never feel they are sufficiently clean to wash wear them again. I do this ridiculous thing of hand washing them and then not wearing them again until they are machine-washed.

Consequently, I returned from one trip with 64 sets of undies. (Yes, truly - if you're wondering what I did with all these, I donated half of the bras to charity after bringing them home and washing them, as they were seeking donation of bras).

I am currently on a 9-week trip and I had two opportunities to do the laundry in the first 4 weeks, but the last 5 weeks are devoid of the opportunity to do so. So, I expect to return home with around 35 sets of undies yet again (I miscalculated the quantity required and had to buy some more during the trip).

As you might know, most European hotels do not offer self-service laundry facilities, and it is not always easy to get to such facilities without a car or having to spend an inordinate amount of time, so it is often not an option.

To those of you who end up on frequent long trips with similar set of difficulties, what do you do to deal with the situation?