FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comparing Wyndham & Marriott brands
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:38 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Of the other brands of Wyndham, about the only other comparable to Marriott would be:
The Wyndham Grand but I've only stayed at the Chicago one, and it was as good as the Marriott nearby, though they gave me a room with a terrible view claiming they were full;
I've stayed at one of Wyndham's timeshares, as two bedroom condo style in Windsor, CA, which was very good, of course, no F&B but a full kitchen so I always feel that's better than any hotel breakfast;
Tryp is also one of their better brands, though I've only stayed at the St Augustine, FL property;
Wingates are OK, but not as nice as the Fairfields I've stayed at and usually about the same price;
Some Ramadas are in a similar boat as Wingate, again I've only seen the Dallas one as worth staying in;
Microtel, at least in Palm Coast, FL, is OK but well below the quality of any Marriott, but at $50 doable;
Baymonts are just slightly better than Microtels, but at a decent price point for a cheap stay;
Days Inn, Super 8, Travelodge, and Knights Inn are much poorer quality and never seem to be consistent (well the Days Inn in Palm Coast was at least clean and no where near as bad as the Days Inn Ormond Beach Hwy 1 which was a run down mess.) I haven't found anything in Marriott brands that approaches their low levels.