FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines announces nonstop TPE- ONT (Ontario)
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:07 am
coolfish1103

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by 26volt
That's what bewildered me why not just push CI24 to a similar time schedule to CI8.

When you purchase a txt it shows up as the 77w though in the timetable it comes up with various aircrafts. Perhaps, they're going to test if the A359 is better suited for CI6/5
Another thought perhaps CI is testing which hour works to pick up potential customers.

In the video CI commented that their options aren't just to enlarge the plane, but they may also increase frequencies. If they do increase frequencies, then they will need to find a second slot for operations.

Personally I think if they do operate a second flight, it would likely have to be in the evenings as well, so maybe an afternoon flight arrival and a late night departure. They would have to do it before EVA (EVA said it won't start a new destination in NA this year and with the union havoc I doubt anything will materialize) or StarLux (another 3 years before they get a 359) enters this market, consider ONT is going to be a stable market from now on.

Such as 1800 or 2000 departure from TPE for CI 24 and then the current departure time from ONT, they can also mirror CI 8/7 for a second flight.