FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta says to arrive three hours before a domestic flight
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:40 am
DCAproducer

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by defrosted
Yeah to me it is a lot of fuss just to skip one step.
At an airport where the line is waiting on ID check, it may make sense, but if much of the waiting is beyond that it doesn't help. I see it in Detroit and it doesn't seem to provide that much benefit, plus there are always employees having to help people. At least from a distance it seems like good intentions gone awry. In Nashville they don't have it, but it would help as usually a big chunk of the waiting is to check ID.

However one bad line day and all that is out and it may be the difference in making your flight or not.

I agree... but could this be solved just by not giving pre check to randoms? A colleague that doesn't fly often and certainly did not apply for it has got pre check on all legs of the last (only) two trips they made this year. I would gather anyone who bothers to apply and pay for it would be frequent enough to not hold up the line.
Agreed. I thought TSA was supposed to stop the random PreCheck for people who didn't go through the application process. When I was traveling for work around spring break time it amazed me how many random people ended up in PreCheck and had no idea what it was.