FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Come On, Alaska (Rant About Delayed Flight)
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:28 am
channa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Basically Alaska did nothing consistent.
If communicating delays when they are sure, well, they did that for the final delay, because we all know when your plane is not there at boarding time it is not on-time.
Communicating delays when it might be true? Yes, Alaska also did that twice, before departure, saying first it will be delayed and later it will not be.

So, this is good practice?
It's a hub. They can move or swap things and un-delay, or it could get delayed further. I would much rather have the best info available at the time rather than being told nothing until it's much closer and they have a better idea. The downside of that is there could be a bit of incorrect info sent, but it's the best info at the time.

I've been in line ready to board a posted ON TIME flight at boarding time on UA to find out the crew is still a couple hours away and haven't left their origin city. Technically they could have swapped crews, so are they right to hold back this reasonably known delay? I think something like that is more frustrating than what AS did here.

Originally Posted by UpstateDave
It still comes down to which side of the operation you’re on. The Boeing fleet still operates as it always have with delay posting being fairly accurate while Airbus either does what happened in your situation - delay really early despite lots of opportunity for things to change - or wait until departure time to post.

I’m on a 615pm Airbus flight tonight that’s already delayed an hour. FlightRadar shows the plane coming in from BUR at 625pm. We’ll see how this all pans out.
Depends what the issue is. I've had Boeing flights un-delay and re-delay as well.