FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DTW Parking Garage - Full Midweek this summer
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:12 am
DTWflyer

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
I'm wondering what you're thinking of when you say "other places" because DTW does not seem special or unique at all in this regard when compared to other medium-to-large middle-American cities.
I'm just basing that on my network of people that I travel with or am around from other cities. They all look at me like I'm crazy when I say that I drive myself to the airport. They ask why I don't use Uber/Lyft or a car service. I work with people from other offices all over the country and even in places like PIT, CLE, BOS, NYC, CHI they use ride share/car services.

I don't due to the distance, cost, and often times I'm not going directly from home <-> airport as they are many times I'm going from the office to the airport later in the day, or making stops on the way home from the airport.
Where I live in Western Oakland County, Uber/Lyft service is very sporadic and I would never could on being able to get on in a timely manner.