FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Option for weekly commute Burbank-Palo Alto (Calif)
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:13 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Seph87
Good points, thanks. I'm used to flying LAX-EWR so the thought of (relatively) easy upgrades made me greedy. You're right that the convenience of BUR/SJC is probably worth more than a free upgrade on a 1 hour flight.

My only concern is after this assignment I will probably end up flying back to NYC again, so the potential 1K status would help with LAX-EWR a ton. Not to mention status on Alaska or Southwest wouldn't be of much use in that situation other than for personal flights. I'll have to map it out but I think the sweet spot might be BUR-SFO so I can maintain my status with UA for future assignments.
I would just make sure you do the math on status though; a weekly round trip BUR-SFO for all 52 weeks of the year will still not earn 1K. Palo Alto is about half as far from SJC as SFO, but admittedly both are an absolute disaster to reach in traffic, and both are seriously lacking in their Caltrain connections.